1/2/16 11:38 pm - 2015 reflection
1) Was 2015 a good year for you?
It was just okay.
2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
In a backwards way, my favorite time was the week I spent in Texas before my dad passed away. I'm glad my job and finances allowed me to take the time off, and that I was able to make a few more memories to treasure- like how he stole my peach popsicle the night before.
3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
When I had to tell me mom that dad was gone and there wasn't a pulse any more.
4) Where were you when 2015 began?
I think we were in SF at Boris' parents, eating Russian food.
5) Who were you with?
6) Where will you be when 2015 ends? (Filled this out 1/2/2016)
Boris and I were in bed. He fell asleep early, and I was still riled up from my preworkout earlier in the day. We had dinner at Yonaka and watched movies before that.
7) Who will you be with when 2015 ends?
8) What did you do in 2015 that you'd never done before?
Took a week off work. Actually ran a 5K.
9) Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I always make a vague goal to be healthier and lose weight, and I planned to do at least 6 5K runs-- I ened up doing 15! I'm hoping to do a 10K and maybe a half marathon in 2016, try one new fitness activity every month, and cook more at home.
10) Did anyone close to you give birth?
No one close to me. Beth and Sarah each had a kid, and Stephanie Fangman and Jamie Harrell each had a daughter.
11) Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, after years of battling COPD, my dad died October 2.
12) Did you travel outside of the US in 2015?
Yes, to St. Maarten, in the Caribbean.
13) How many different states did you travel to in 2015?
We always go to CA and TX each year. Also made it to Chicago (IL) for our anniversary. Is that really it?
14) What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
A wedding ring. Tacky, I know. It's been three and a half years, though.
15) What date(s) from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
16) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I finally got down to running a mile under 10 minutes! I did a total of 15 5Ks, tracked my time, and have gone from a ~38 minute time to 29-30 minues.
17) What was your biggest failure?
Spending too much money, I need to be saving.
18) Did you suffer any illness or injury?
19) What was the best thing you bought?
Tickets to see my dad. Many great meals out with B. My fitbit.
20) Whose behavior merited celebration?
Boris. He got his label lifted at the org and before our vacation he really cleaned up his eating and lost weight and was doing really good in that department for a while.
21) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
I don't know about appalled and depressed, but I was really stressed out that my sister kind of cut contact with me for a couple of months after my dad passed away. I wish my mom and I talked more about him and how we're grieving rather than just about mundane daily stuff. It makes me really sad how little we talk about him.
22) Where did most of your money go?
Dining out. It got me 1000 yelp reviews in 2015 alone, and some amazingly memorable meals like Bazaar Meats, Giada, Kabuto, etc.
23) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to Chicago, but that kind of went sideways and turned into a disaster.
24) What song will always remind you of 2015?
Probably anything from my bodypump classes, but nothing specific stands out.
25) Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? About the same, unless it's one of the days where I miss my dad so much I cry severla times.
ii. thinner or fatter? Not really either. Kind of thinner, weighed in at 168. Finally out of the 170s. Got some booty gains.
iii. richer or poorer? Kind of poorer. Spend more on the holidays than I'd planned.
26) What do you wish you'd done more of?
Spent time with my dad. But I did what I could.
27) What do you wish you'd done less of?
Less eating out, kind of.
28) How will you be spending Christmas?
In 2015, we went to Bear Valley with B's family and spent it in the snow with Russian food and card games.
In 2016? Who knows this far in advance.
29) Did you fall in love in 2015?
With the same guy over and over again.
30) If yes, with whom?
31) If yes, do they know?
Yes. I say it many times a day.
32) Are you still in love with them?
And I plan on staying that way.
33) You regret it?
Not at all.
34) Did you breakup with anyone in 2015?
35) How many one-night stands?
36) How many people did you sleep with in 2015?
Just my guy.
37) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I don't hate anyone.
38) Did you make any new friends in 2015?
Not really, no. I try to see Cassandra when I do 5Ks.
39) Who are your favorite new friends?
40) What was your favorite month of 2015?
I don't have one.
41) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
My dad. What feels like every minute since he's been gone.
42) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
43) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2015?
No major ones come to mind.
44) Did you treat somebody badly in 2015?
I don't think so, no.
45) Did somebody treat you badly in 2015?
Nothing serious, no.
46) What was your proudest moment of 2015?
Crossing the finish line at the Mustache Dache seeing the time under 30 minutes, thinking it was wrong, then seeing it was actually accurate.
47) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2015?
I can't think of any.
48) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Does upgrading to Spotify premium for running music count?
49) What did you want and get?
A lot of tasty food. More memories and adventures with B. Continued to workout and improved my running.
50) What did you want and not get?
More money. Traveling? We did, just not as much as I would have liked, considering how much money we've spent.
51) What was your favorite new film of this year?
52) What was your favorite TV program?
Not sure. Didn't really get into anything new but Parenthood.
53) What was your favorite record from 2015?
54) How many concerts did you see in 2015?
None? How is that possible?
55) Did you have a favorite concert in 2015?
56) Did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2015?
Nope. Just some wine every so often. Menage a Trois Midnight and Silk are solid, so is the Carnivor cab.
57) Did you do a lot of drugs in 2015?
Didn't do any, outside of the prescription variety.. and even then, not really anything.
58) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 28 this year. Went to dinner with B at that greek place at the SLS. It was pretty underwhelming.
59) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't know. Making it down to my goal weight of 150?
60) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2015?
I still have no fashion sense. Wish I did though.
61) What kept you sane?
My cats and my guy.
62) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I'm really into the Rock these days.
63) How much money did you spend in 2015?
Way more than I should have.
64) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015.
You can't just take the good stuff.
65) What are your plans for 2016?
I want to stay in Vegas and marry B and buy or rent a house, and get a pup- maybe a Corgi named Taco, like I dreamed about.
66) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: